Saturday, March 4, 2017

2017 RSC March Week 1, RSC Row Quilt Finish, RSC Wonky Star Finish, Baby Quilt


It's been a month since I posted. Today I have two RSC quilt finishes to write about today! My RSC Column Quilt Along columns became a Row Quilt during construction. I added rows of 2.5" squares at the top and bottom to pull it all together. It's quilted with a free motion meander and bound with a green strip print. After a go in the washer and dryer it finished as 56" x 76". Thank you, Angela for hosting the column/row quilt challenge. This was fun.


I also finished my RSC Wonky Star Quilt. I like this quilt! It's quilted with a free motion meander and after a go in the washer and dryer it finished as 57" x 71".


I finished up some RSC scrappy turquoise fun before playing with my red scraps. Two scrappy turquoise pot holders, a crayon block and a doll quilt finish up my February RSC month.
It was fun pulling out my red scraps for March. Three red 16 patch blocks, two red 36 patch blocks and a red crayon block are pictured.
I have a box of orphan blocks. This week I pulled several half square triangles, a 9 patch, some 4 patch blocks, and some flying geese to made two colorful pot holders. One can never have too many pot holders on hand for gifts. To see what other made with their RSC scraps go here.


My good buddy from NY sent me a few fabric book panels last month. I decided to cut one panel into blocks and make a charity baby quilt instead of a fabric book. It finished at 39" square. Isn't it cute. I turned it in at the last quilt meeting.

21 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

Love the quilts. Can you tell me what pattern you used for the wonky stars?

Terri said...

Love your colors! The story hour quilt is great. What a good idea.
Hugs

PaulaB quilts said...

Two great RSC finishes. Turning the strips into a row quilt was a lovely idea and the rainbow strips just finish it off so nicely. The stars are so pretty when seen together, a,very sweet quilt. How are,you doing,all,that red so fast? I just finished pulling mine. But,I did just,finish the binding on my Farm,Boy quilt and it turned out very well. Now I can work on red. Have a fun week!

The Joyful Quilter said...

WOW!! Such a BUSY quilter!! You've made a good start on RED. Congrats! on completing THREE quilts, too!! Nicely done.

Kat Scribner said...

What wonderful finishes! I especially like the horizontal layout of the row quilt project from last year.

Kathy S. said...

TWO RSC finishes are spectacular! Great job. Scraps are so much fun.

Jo said...

Cute baby quilt. I love all the fun projects you continually do

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow... you are a quilting machine! Great finishes... I really love that scrappy star quilt!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Fabulous job with all the red and your two RSC quilts are wonderful. Love what you did with the panel.

Nell's Quilts said...

You've had fun playing this week. Great finish on the teal and the red is terrific. Love the RSC quilt from 2016 and the scrappy stars too.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Wow, Sheila, you have been busy! Everything looks wonderful and I am amazed at how much you accomplished. Great job!

Sally Trude said...

It's official. You came into the March RSC roaring like a lion. GRReat work.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all your projects! The column quilt turned into rows looks wonderful, especially with the sashing and 2.5 inch squares at the top and bottom. Your potholders ar a great idea, too. I made some for my mom for Christmas, and had planned to make more for our house, but haven't gone back to them yet!

Angie said...

Great finishes! I love how the RSC row quilt turned out!

Deb A said...

Beautiful quilt finishes and so much red already sew this month. You have been a busy bee.

KaHolly said...

Wow! You're really cranking out those RSC quilts and blocks! They are beautiful! I made the stars one....it was so much fun, I made two! Lovely work! I look forward to checking back later and seeing more!

Kate said...

Congrats on all the finishes. The RSC quilts are so bright and fun. The baby book quilt turned out so cute. You've been making a lot of progress. Happy stitching this weekend.

Laura said...

I love love love the wonky star quilt! It really does sparkle! Your row quilt is nice too! The teddy bear story quilt is adorable! That was a very clever use of a book panel. I'll have to remember that because sometimes you can find book panels for a great price! I love how you added the colorful square border on it. Beautiful potholders too. I'm excited about your rainbow scrap challenge crayons!! Hooray for getting so much done in a month!!

Faye said...

beautiful quilts!

Edith said...

So many pretty quilts, I really like the RSC Column Quilt Along and the Wonky Star, they turned out so nicely. Congratulations on your finishes.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post regarding sign boards. This post has many important points and has sign boards
play a very important role in developing the business.
Good and attractive name board is a must for every business.

บอลพรุ่งนี้

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...