Friday, August 8, 2014

2014 RSC August, Pastel Green, Week 2


It's been a busy week. I made three pillowcases, two with Marvel fabrics and one with Star Wars fabric. I filled them with three new pillows and gave them to my son for his birthday. I forgot to take a picture, but my son loved them, called the awesome.
My 42 Scrappy Happy Houses are now a quilt top. The backing is done, too. I would love, love, love to have it quilted and finished by next Saturday.
Pictured are two 8.5" blocks and a hot pad that I'll add to my collections. A yummy orange knitted cotton dishcloth made it into the picture.  While watching tv, I crocheted more scrubbies.. Most will be donated to my guild's annual quilt show boutique.
To see what others made with their pastel greens this week, go here Saturday morning.

12 comments:

Deb A said...

Love the bright 16 patches! Mine is cut and ready to be sewn. I see you got a jump on orange with the dish cloth! I have got to try those scrubbies...... maybe this week when my hexie handwork runs out I'll switch to crochet.

scraphappy said...

Even your scrubbies are in happy colors. Seeing your blocks always makes me smile. Enjoy finishing the house quilt. Great progress!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You always have such happy blocks. Can't wait to see your house quilt. Those scrubbies are cute, too!

Nell's Quilts said...

Looking forward to the big reveal. The scrubbies are so bright and cheerful - a great addition to any kitchen. Great greens in the 16 patch.

Ellen said...

Your blocks look great! I haven't tried to make scrubbies before...is there a pattern?

Terri said...

Good greens going on. Happy scrubbies, too. Can't wait to see the little houses quilt.
Hugs

Angie said...

I showed the scrubbies pattern to my co-worker and now she's making them, too!

Lilian Pilar said...

que bellos verdes claros has utilizado, me gusta... un Gran Abrazo!!!

Karen said...

Awesome green color blocks. I love the scrubbies,

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I made a scrubbie and they are fun. Hope to do a few more as soon as I get a minute. You got a lot done.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I made a scrubbie and they are fun. Hope to do a few more as soon as I get a minute. You got a lot done.

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing your house quilt. Very pretty blocks and scrubbies.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...