Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Dark Batiks Jelly Roll Race Quilt with Spacers Finished


I try to have at least one comfort/spare quilt made ahead, ready for when I might need one quickly. Sadly I needed to gift my spare comfort quilt last week. That meant I needed to make another. A year or two ago, I bought a Dark Batik Jelly Roll on sale to make a Jelly Roll Race quilt with spacers.  To make this quilt a little longer I pulled some strips from stash and added a few rows.


For spacers and binding, I bought 2/3 yard of a dark batik. That was cutting it close. The backing was pieced with batiks from stash. I consider this quilt another stash buster.
It's quilted with horizontal organic lines using my sewing machine's walking foot, a 3.1 stitch length, variegated green thread in the needle, and a light blue thread in the bobbin. After a go in the washer and dryer it finished a soft 55.5" x 66".

11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love it - even the back is awesome!

Impera Magna said...

Lovely... and a great addition to your comfort quilt stash. Love JR quilts with spacers and your backing is perfect...

Pauline G said...

What a great jelly roll quilt - the dark spacers really make it pop.

Ellen said...

Very nice...so sad that you needed to make another though!

Terri said...

You did make another quilt today! Wow! It is gorgeous. I love the spacers in there, and made with batiks makes it. Great job.
Hugs

Gina said...

Gorgeous quilt. I've got a jelly roll of batiks I didn't know what to do with until now. THank you for the inspiration xxx

Jo said...

It looks great. I'm thinking of going through all my fabric and cutting 2.5" strips from each one to make my own jelly roll. I'm sure anyone could get enough to make a quilt like this.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the colors!

Quilter Kathy said...

YUM! Love it! It's a gorgeous 2 sided quilt!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish. Love the jewel tone colors you used.

make.share.give said...

Very nice! The spacers add a wonderful touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...