Wednesday, July 2, 2014

2014 RSC Mid Year Progress Post


This is the second year I've made scrappy string triangles. My goal is four triangles in each month's color. I made four red triangles last year so this month will be a triangle free month for me. I think I'll make a baby quilt with them in December.


This is the second year I've paper pieced 8.5" string blocks. My goal is four blocks in each month's color. Six string blocks from last year didn't make it into this picture and will be in the next picture. I need 42 or 48 blocks for a small quilt.


This is the second year I've made spool blocks. Ten of the spools were made last year. I'm making more spools, a star, a heart and a 16 patch block each month. The string blocks in the bottom row should have been in the previous picture. I'll make either a large quilt or some small quilts with these blocks.


I need to sash 42 cat blocks for a small child's quilt.


I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all these coco mug blocks. They are cute and fun to piece. Maybe a wall hanging or small quilt.


This is the third year I've made Bonnie Hunter's Happy Scrappy House blocks. I need 42 house blocks to make a quilt.


I hope to make a small child quilt with these scrappy string 7" blocks in December.


If I have time, I'll make a large quilt  with these cute 6.5" sampler blocks in December. Might be January.
To see what others have been making with their colorful scraps this year, go here.

20 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wow - you have a lot of wonderful scrappy quilts going with the RSC!

scraphappy said...

As much fun as it is to see the collection of blocks each week, it is so exciting to see them all collected together. So many beautiful, bright and happy quilts are on the way.

Nell's Quilts said...

Some great projects. So bright and happy looking.

Andee said...

Your projects are looking great! So many good ones!

suemac said...

That is a lot of scrappy projects. Hopefully it made a dent in your scraps.

Terri said...

Lots of pretty rainbow blocks. My favs are the cats and mugs... but then there are the little houses, and spools. Oh, it's good I don't have to decide on one.
Hugs

Lisa said...

Wow impressive all laid out together

Pauline G said...

I love all your rainbow scrappy projects - they are so great and I am so impressed at how much you do!

Angie said...

So many great, colorful projects! I could not choose a favorite, but I am reminded I want to try the string-pieced triangles!

Gina said...

Stunning blocks. I love your string blocks and those mugs are so cute xx

Deb A said...

So many pretty projects in process. Love seeing them all laid out together. Some very happy cuddle quilts in the making.

KatieQ said...

I always look forward to seeing your blocks. You have such a great variety. The scrappy strings look like fun.

Kate said...

Lots of beautiful scrappy projects! It would be hard to pick a favorite, all of them are so bright and fun.

Karen said...

Very nice assortment of rainbow blocks. They will make awesome quilts.

Kat Scribner said...

Your year-to-date progress is OUTSTANDING! How inspiring.

Jennifer said...

W.O.W!!! looks great! I think next year i'll do something a bit different than the crumb blocks I did this year. I love how you're doing many different blocks- I like the spools and the row by row. fantaxtic!

Sarah said...

I'm really impressed by your collection. What a satisfying amount of blocks you have. It's inspired me to do a round up of mine. Thanks!

Cathy Tomm said...

Your 6 months in is looking very good. I love all the different projects you have on the go.

Cathy said...

Oh, what a lot of fun...I can't pick a fav.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Love seeing all these blocks together!!! I too love all you projects and truly can't pick a favorite! Thanks for the inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...