Monday, February 24, 2014

2014 Rainbow Scrap Challenge, February, Pink, Week 4


We had company last week, three nieces. Two of them and I learned to crochet with the help of YouTube video clips. We started to crochet shawls. We're still working on those. One crocheted a hat, the other started one, and I learned how to crochet hearts and five petal flowers. There was some reading. I read Vampire Academy and now I'm ready to see the movie. No sewing so I'm playing catch up this week.
Four 6.5" pink sampler blocks, a pink knitted dishcloth and some crochet hearts and flowers made it into the picture. My pink scraps took a good hit this month. I'm ready to move on to another color. To see what others made with their pink scraps, go here.

9 comments:

Jean said...

It's exciting to know that you learned to crochet. Nice you had others with you, as you can help each other. It's still very cold here in Ia.

suemac said...

Love the pink blocks.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I knew you were quite for a reason - you had company. And learning something new too!

scraphappy said...

You did get a lot of pink done this month! Great collection of blocks. Your little crochet projects are just adorable. Looks like you all had fun with those.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I just finished knitting a dishcloth with the same variegated yarn. It is so pretty.
I have crocheted in the past but like knitting better.

Kate said...

Lots of pretty pinks in your blocks. I'm a bit shy on pinks as well and am ready to move on to a new color.

Terri said...

Pretty in Pink - and such sweet flowers and hearts. My Sis crocheted flowers for a while - used to make earrings and sold them in MN - she had quite a lucrative business going for a while. (She didn't lack customers, just got tired of crocheting.) She made more on her crochet side business than her hubby made on his real estate sales.
Lovely to have your nieces there.
My oldest grandgirl just got engaged!!!
Hugs

Sarah said...

Missed you in blog land but I can see you have been busy and having fun! I've never mastered crochet either, must have another go

Wendy said...

the blocks are looking great. Well done for learning to crochet, I learnt a couple of years ago and love it, though I haven't done any for a while

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...