Saturday, July 6, 2013

Another Donation Baby Quilt 2013

A friend shared some fabric she won in a drawing and I turned some of it into a sweet baby quilt. I sewed 2.5" x 5" pieces into rows and the rows into a brick pattern. Four rows went into the backing. The binding was cut from 2 fat quarters of coordinating yellow and orange solids. It was quilted with straight lines in a grid pattern using my sewing machine's walking foot. After a go in the washer and dryer, it finished at 37" x 40".
Our quilting guild would like members to make and donate a couple baby quilts and a few children's each year. I'll take this little quilt to July's meeting.

11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh this is the sweetest brick quilt! Color and movement and pure fun - well done!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the colors in that one. It makes me want to do another brick quilt.

Sarah Craig said...

Pretty quilt, Sheila! Be sure to link it up to 100 Quilts For Kids (you can read more about it on today's post on my blog if you don't know about it already!)

Whoop whoop!!

Faye said...

This is so cute! I love the colours

Ellen said...

Really cute quilt - I like the two-toned binding.

Judy D in WA said...

It's adorable and a special little one will love being cuddled in it.

Sarah said...

A lovely quilt. Sometimes the straight forward designs work the best. Lucky baby that's all I can say!

Terri said...

Love it! How did you quilt it?
Hugs

Karen said...

A very bright and cheerful baby quilt. A very nice charity quilt.

KatieQ said...

This is an adorable brick quilt. Perfect for a little person.

Andee said...

LOVE, LOVE, love this baby quilt. So darn cute, I want to make one! I am adding your blog to my sidebar so I can find you daily!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...