Thursday, February 14, 2013

Stars and Camouflage Quilt



He said the front of the quilt could be anything but he wanted the back to be digital army camouflage. Because I couldn't decide what to do for the front, this grandchild has been waiting a year for his camouflage quilt.
I have a box of pieced red, white and blue 10.5" star blocks. So I pulled and sewed together 48 of them for the quilt top.
It looks good all quilted with horizontal wavy lines. The binding is dark red. After a round in the washer and dryer, it finished a little over 80" x 60".
I'll be making more red, white and blue stars for future star quilts. I still want to make one for his father. Hopefully with no camo.

13 comments:

Terri said...

That is a beauty! (not fond of the camo) The stars are wonderful You did a great job of varying them all, too. I love scrappy quilts. And it's biiiig. Atta Girl!
Hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, nicely done with the stars and size - and the camo doesn't sell me either, but that's the request and you filled it.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

My favorite blocks are stars. The quilt looks great!

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations on such a great finish! Camo isn't my thing either but I'm sure the recipient will love it...

Sarah said...

I love the red, white and blue stars, very effective - lucky boy!

KatieQ said...

Great quilt. I love all the variety in your red, white, and blue fabrics. It's great that you fulfilled your grandson's request for the camo fabric. I'm sure he is going to love it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great job!!

Shay said...

Genius takes time ! I love the front .Im such a fan of stars and all those colours too.

I made a camo quilt for someone once. Not my first choice in fabric either but they loved the end result. Im sure your grandson will too.

donna said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully. Love the stars. But boys will be boys they always have to have camo in everything.
Hugs
donna

Faye said...

This is gorgeous. Very well done!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

The camo fabric cracks me up. I bet your grandson absolutely loves it. Good Grandma!!!

Alvin Barnwell said...

I Like it, nice camo

Marina said...

Oh boys, aren't they something!? :) The quilt looks beautiful, even with camo. I really like the top, one of my favorite color combinations and starts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...