Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Eat Your Fruits n' Veggies Batiks Flimsy

My sewing buddy, Cathy, and I thought we would use a Jelly Pops Pattern by Calico Print Works that she bought last month to make a couple quilts with our batik strips. Cathy had some strips from Connecting Threads and I had a jelly roll, Eat Your Fruits n' Veggies Batiks by Pat Sloan and Moda.
Our pattern called for one jelly roll plus 2 strips. I cut 2 strips from my batik stash and started piecing. This was a fun pattern. I have 8" left of each strip.
The pattern doesn't call for a border, but I may add one if I can think of someway to use those the remaining strip pieces to compliment what I have.

6 comments:

Faye said...

Beautiful! The colours are fabulous. I especially love the bright orange

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, I really like this one!

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

This turned out really nice. I like those colors. It does look like veggies. Yum! I like that pattern too.

Terri said...

As always a wonderful quilt! You two paired up just right. Love the colors! Yummy!
Hugs

Cyn said...

Great quilt. Love the block design. Really lets your fabrics shine. Fun colors!

Karen H said...

Oh, this is lovely! Very nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...