Friday, March 23, 2012

Terri Drafted a Couple Paper Piecing Blocks For Me



Yes, I got Terri's drafts in the mail yesterday and made a couple blocks. My friend Terri's blog is at quiltncards.blogspot.com. 
For each pattern I cut a 5" square and cut each square diagonally. I cut a strip about 1.5" wide and sewed the halves of one of the 5" square on either side which made the center strip finish at 1" wide. I trimmed the block to about 5.25" square. 
For the second block, I cut a strip about 2" wide and sewed the two halves of the other 5" square on either side  of the strip which made the center strip finish at 1.5" wide. I trimmed the block to about 5.5" square.
I like both blocks! I want to make another block, this time with a center strip that will finish at 1.25" wide. 
It will be easy to make blocks larger or smaller. Many possibilities. Though I did not paper piece these two blocks, I may paper piece future blocks.
Thank you Terri :D 

3 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

Nice blocks, you can also use it as a signature block with a white strip in the middle.

Terri said...

Love your colors. I have a green swirl like yours... It's in the HP box with all the other "magical" fabric.
Hugs,

Elly D said...

Such pretty fabrics in your blocks! Great blocks to show case them in.
Ellyx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...