Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Favorite Cornbread Recipe


A forecast of more snow in North Carolina turns my thoughts to cornbread and beans. Lucky for our family, my dear sister discovered this cornbread recipe when she lived in Texas years ago. Thank you, Yvonne.



Mexican Cornbread

3 cups cornmeal, self-rising, can be white or yellow
3 eggs
2 cups of milk
4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 or 3 pickled Jalapeño peppers, chopped
1 can cream corn

Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Pour mixture into a greased oblong sheet cake pan. Bake in 400 degree oven for 40 minutes.

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have a recipe very similar, but not the cream corn - that I have to try. I love corn bread - with soups, chili, stew, even as a side with salad. Thanks,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...